Tuesday 15 August 2017

I became an uncle :)



Hello again!

On 9th July, I became an uncle for the first time when my wonderful sister gave birth to the beautiful Madeleine Rose.

Immediately, the new parents were inundated with all sorts of clothes, bibs and nappies. However, the request for me was to purchase a name sign for Maddie's new bedroom. I thought I'd go one better and create her own sign from scratch using the metled crayon method that I used before for this project.

Equipment

Canvas (I used A3 size)
Crayons
Super glue or a hot glue gun to assemble the crayons to the canvas
Heat source (I used a hairdryer which did the job nicely)
Stencils for lettering
Black paint or Sharpie to fill in letters

Here it is up on the door. I'm hoping Maddie will enjoy it for years to come. I'll make an artist of her yet!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.
    wholesale and retail cement suppliers in vijayawada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, I haven't been on this blog forever! Congratulations on becoming an uncle!!! I miss you Mr Brickwood


    ~Isabella (from Cheam Common, I hope you remember me but if you don't then it's fine :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies, Isabella, I only just noticed this comment! Many thanks for your congratulations. Maddie is quite the character!

    I remember everyone from my classes. Your surname begins with H and you have a little brother. Hope school is going well!

    ReplyDelete